Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blood Screening

How did my morning go?

First, I didnt wake up on time for my morning exercise which is okay because I can do it when I get home from work later. I had half of the grilled cheese sandwich my MIL prepared for breakfast then did my morning rituals. I woke Gin up at exactly 7AM because we had to leave the house before 8 for PGH to have our blood screening. After getting ready, Gin was going to heat up the car already but guess what? It didnt want to start. At that point I didnt want to get superstitious and all but I couldnt help it. I was thinking to myself "is this a sign that we cant have a baby?" I actually was tearing up. But I had to be strong and just brush off that thought. No negative vibe is allowed! Finally, the mechanic of Gins brother arrived and fixed the problem of the car. Phew!!! We were able to leave the house a little past 8 which was still okay.

Anyway, hubby and I had to go to PGH for our blood screening because we both have to be cleared of the following before we can undergo LIT:

For Gin:
CBC
HIV
HbsAg
Anti HCV
Malarial Smear
VDRL
Anti Hbs

For me:
HbsAg
Anti Hbs

For Gins blood screening, PGH has a package that costs P1,200. This includes everything except for Anti Hbs which costs only P165. As for mine, the HbsAg costs P150 and the Anti Hbs costs P165. Their rates are not bad at all compared to the rates of Asian Hospital. When we inquired with Asian as to how much the blood screening is going to cost --- it reached P8k! Can you believe the big difference? Good thing my Immunologist recommended PGH.

We might get the results by Friday. Hopefully, the results will turn out okay so that we can proceed with the treatment already.

So I guess, having our blood screening was really meant to happen today despite the obstacles with the car this morning. Thank you Lord!!! :-)

No comments: