Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our dog --- Chase



Chase is a male Wired Hair Dachschund. At present he is 9 months old. We got him by accident. Chase was given to my nephew by his good friend from school. He wanted a dog badly but he couldn't handle Chase. So the few times I would visit my parents house, I would play with Chase and tease my nephew that we will take care of him instead. Until one Sunday he finally gave in. We finally have a dog. Chase was still 3 months old when we adopted him from my nephew.

This dog is very spoiled. To every letter of the word! He's like our baby or should I say he is our baby! Hehe! Why is he spoiled? Let me count the ways:

1. He sleeps in our room and take note on our bed.
2. He doesn't sleep in our room if the AC is not turned on.
3. He gets his favorite treats regularly (Pedigree tooth sticks and the bones from Nilaga)
4. He likes being fed and he likes being accompanied by me or our helper whenever its time to eat.
5. He cannot play outside the house (this is my rule - so that he wont get dirty). But we make him pasyal once in a while.

These are only some of the things I can think of that makes him a spoiled dog. But having a dog as a pet, is also like having your own child. When he's sick my husband and I really get worried. We miss him when were out. Taking him to the vet regularly for his shots. I make sure that he's fed on time. ---> Doesnt this all sound like we have our own child? Hehe! My husband was asking me, "what if we already have our own baby? Chase cant sleep in our room anymore!" I said, the baby and I will sleep in the baby's room and you will sleep with chase in our room. Does it make sense? Hehe!

Chase's bday is coming up - May 21. He'll be turning a year old. We plan to do a small celebration. Weird or funny as it may seem, but Chase has made our days more enjoyable. He's already part of our family! Even my parents love him.


2 comments:

Tinggay said...

hi bunnie! not sure if you remember me, Nikki a fellow w@wie (and pink & brown bride)....stumbled upon your post in n@w (I'm a silent lurker there) and just wanted to drop by and wish you prayers and hugs :) take care!

Bunnie said...

hi nikki! thanks for leaving a comment. its nice seeing a batch mate from W@W! :-)