Friday, February 22, 2008

To buy or not to buy? That is the question...

Aside from the dream of having our own baby. My husband and I also dream of buying our own house. I guess thats every couples dream unless you were already given a house to live in by your parents. If you are one of those couples, consider yourself very lucky!!!

After our wedding, I moved in to my husbands house that they are just renting out. We've been married for more than a year now and its been a long time plan to buy our own home. Until a friend of mine informed me a couple of months ago that her parents are selling their house because they are moving in to another place. I told Gin about it and told him to take a look at their house (even from outside). He loved it! It is a nice house and it is very well maintained. The price is also reasonable. It will be a good buy if ever things push through. We were thinking of the different options as to where we can loan. There was the bank financing or the PAG-IBIG housing loan. I told my husband, I can avail of the PAG-IBIG housing loan since that is my benefit and the monthly payment can be deducted from my salary.

My parents would always tell me, while were still young, we should grab the chance of being able to loan and invest on something. Until lately, hubby and I became pretty serious already of buying our own house. So I attended the seminar in PAG-IBIG for the housing loan last Wednesday. Its the very first step you should take before you can actually apply for a loan. My hubby on the other hand spoke to his bank and asked about their housing loan. Unfortunately, when you loan from PAG-IBIG you cant loan from them anymore. Sigh! Well, we thought it was possible to do that simultaneously.

Another option my husband brought to the table, is to buy a condo unit in this newly developed condo bldg along Sucat, ParaƱaque near PATTS. I automatically disregarded the idea and said "NO! I want to buy a house!!!". But after doing some thinking --- I said to myself "why dont we just buy both?!" Not a bad plan huh? Hahahaha!!! Seems like we have lots of money huh? NOT!!! Well hubby was very game with the idea. I can make use of my PAG-IBIG loan to buy the condo and he can make use of the bank loan to buy the house or vise versa. Hopefully these plans will turn into something real. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: