Friday, July 25, 2008

Being Married

Married life...it is indeed bittersweet! Why so?

When you fight and then make up --- making up for me is the best part! Calling your hubby's attention when he forgets to hang the towel after taking a bath, picking up after your hubby, whenever he says "babe ang kulit mo!" but realizes at the end what your point is. He really tests your patience but at the end of the day you cannot stand being mad or away from him. Weird huh? Is this what they call LOVE? I guess so. Not only accepting the persons good side but also his flaws. To love the complete package!

I am sure for each married couple, they have their own story to tell. All our stories are different one way or another. But a common denominator (I believe) is that the wife is the pillar and strength of every family. Don't you think so? I can say this because based on my experiences and my friends stories...its really the woman who keeps hold of everything. May it be handling the household, husband and wife troubles, children, keeping values intact, etc. But please don't get me wrong, our husbands play a big role also in this equation. Where would we be without them right? Its just amazing on how a woman can multi task things in her life. Family, work, her social life, personal stuff (going to the parlor, shopping, etc) and of course God.

My hubby and I don't have a perfect marriage --- who does? But I will not trade what we have for anything. Marriage is not an easy ride but we constantly are learning from each other and it has been great! As my mom says, we've got a long way to go, a lot to learn and discover and I welcome this challenge with open arms. My hubby is what makes me whole and our imperfections makes us love each other more each day! :-)

1 comment:

Gracie said...

i completely agree with you, Bunnie :) i guess women are the pillars in relationships because we are generally stronger than men.