Monday, March 17, 2008

My hubby's bday party

March 15, 2008

This was an advanced birthday celebration for Gin. I started my day by waking up at 7AM and buying stuff in the wet market here in our village. Of course the food that will be prepared is Japanese (Gins favorite and mine too)! The chef and his assistants arrived in the house at 9AM and they began preparing the food for the party while I had to make sure that the tables and chairs, the decorations and the cake was taken care of. Who do you think had to do all of that? Who else but ME!!! Hehehe!


The party was held in the clubhouse of our village. As I have mentioned in my previous blog, the theme was a semi-childrens party. Instead of having games, I just prepared some art activities for the kids and the pabitin which they really enjoyed. The balloons were also a big hit. Hehehe! One by one, they were approaching me and asking "Tita Bunnie, can I get the blue/pink/red balloon?" They're so cute!!!


The food was great! We had shrimp and vegetable tempura, chicken terriyaki, sukiyaki, and different kinds of sushi, Japanese fried rice and the dilis that they usually serve as an appetizer in Japanese restos. My mom brought her famous fruit salad and the cousin of Gin brought her delicious cupcakes. I got the bday cake from Marta's Cakes --- Yummy! You might be wondering why the design of the cake are all tools used for construction --- well thats his job. He's an Interior Designer/General Contractor.


Almost everyone that I invited came and enjoyed but the most important of it all is that the birthday celebrant enjoyed!

The party ended at 3AM. It was a very tiring and busy day for me but seeing Gin smile and have fun with his family and friends makes it all worth it! :-)

1 comment:

Tinggay said...

wow! looks like the party was a success bunnie! congrats!! :) if i may ask, how much did gin's cake cost? i am canvassing cakes for my own bday (o diba hahahah) and am interested in getting from marta kasi she does nice and yummy cakes nga daw :)