Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This is a first!

I've had a number of "This is a first!" moments in my 30 years of existence in this planet.

Just this afternoon I had another "This is a first" moment. I was interviewed by Inquirer.net (telecon only) about this project of mine called FliptUp.com. First things first, what is FliptUp.com? It is a site for Fil-Am artists/bands and music lovers. The site aims to help these Fil-Am artists/bands promote their music and be discovered.

Anyway, when my officemate told me that the telecon was going to be done today and that I am the point person that will be asked regarding the site, I immediately got rattled. I've never been interviewed before by any news publication and to think that I will be quoted with all that I am going to say. I had to run through some questions with my officemate which she thought could be asked. Good thing she was part of the telecon so that she could back me up if I missed out on something. Phew!!! The telecon was short and it went well. Thank God!!!

All the while I thought the PR was going to be published in the newspaper but no!!! It was posted as a blog entry in Inquirer.net's blog called Soundtrip. As in 10 minutes after the telecon --- there it was!!!

To be honest (babaw as it may seem) it felt nice seeing my name in that blog entry and to think its Inquirer.net's blog. Also, this is a first step for my project to be promoted to the world. I am really proud and confident that FliptUp.com will grow as a big Fil-Am music community. Its been the vision of our team to reach out to the Pinoy community abroad and this website is one way to achieve this vision.

There are more things to come for the site and I will keep posting the latest updates here in my blog. :-)

No comments: