Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My trip to the doctor

I went to the Immunologist my OB recommended last Saturday. Gin and I had to be up before 8am because the clinic hours of the doctor was from 8 to 10am only. Good thing her clinic was just at Asian Hospital which is near our place.

As I was getting ready, for some reason I couldnt help but be nervous. Maybe I was already anticipating on what the doctor was going to tell me. We left the house a little before 9:30 and was in the hospital in 15 minutes. I didnt have to wait long. The name of the Immunoligst is Dra. Jovilla Abong. There were a number of N@wies who have APAS that also see her. So how did it go? I informed her what happened to me and showed her my records --- she took note of it and asked me to take another series of blood tests in PGH. She wants to make sure that I dont have the other kinds of blood disorders because what I used to inject to myself is useless if I have the other disorders that I have to be tested for and she was right when she said that the tests are expensive.

When I had my APAS test done, I only paid P4k. Dra.Abong asked me to have the following tests taken:

LAT
ANA
ATA
T4 TSH
Immunophino Typing 1

I called PGH and asked how much each test would cost. True enough I am going to spend more than P10K to have these tests done. I wanted to fall off my seat when the girl I was talking to started dictating to me the prices of each. But as I mentioned in my previous blog, if at the end of it all we will be blessed with a baby then its all worth it! Again --- "Do What You Can and Let God Surprise You!"

Once I receive the test results I have to go back to Dra. Abong and that is the only time she will prescribe the meds that I have to take. Hopefully I can get all of this done before the end of this month. We're done with the first step and more to go!

No comments: