Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Friends

"My coat and I live comfortably togther. It has assumed all my wrinkles, does not hurt me anywhere, has moulded itself on my deformities, and is complacent to all my movements, and I only feel its presence because it keeps me warm. Old coats and old friends are the same thing." -Victor Hugo

This is a quote a very good friend of mine used to describe the kind of friendship that we have. It is a given fact that a person can have lots of friends (as you could see in someones friendster, myspace or facebook accounts) but you have to agree with me that there are only a few you can really call your TRUE friends (to every letter of the word) --- which at times are very hard to find. Some may form friendships in an instant but for me those with real value are the friendships that have lasted a decaded or so. Wherein you have witnessed each others pains and joys. Despite all the flaws your friends may have, you will still love them for who they are or what they become! Friendship to me is not about quantity but the quality of frienships that you have. How come I have so much to say on what real friendship is all about? Because this is what I hold dear to my heart --- MY BEST FRIENDS!

I consider myself lucky because I have them in my life. Next to God and my family, these are the people that I cannot live without. They are all like sisters to me. A blessing indeed. People who understood me and stood by me at my best and at my worst. Through the years we've all known each other, nothing has changed --- well maybe our marital status, how we view life or do things but they are still the same people that I can run to when I am happy or sad. A treasure in my life that I will never trade for anything else!

For those who can relate to what I am saying --- arent we all lucky to have them in our lives? :-)

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Amen to that, Bunnie! This is a beautiful tribute to friendship :)