Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One proud wife..Yes I am!

Yes, I am one proud wife! Why so? Let me share it with you...

My hubby is an Interior Designer/Contractor. He's designed a number of homes and commercial establishments and I have to say, not because he's my husband but he's really good with his craft.

First reason why I am proud is because he finally decided to get an office. My reaction to this? Yipee --- FINALLY!!! In the past, he would usually conduct business in our house which for me was sometimes intrusive --- somewhat invading our privacy because his people would go there and sometimes his suppliers. So you see, when he's at home, his attention is divided which at times saddens me. Before he decided to put up his office, I would often tell him to get one already and he would always say "di pa kaya" or he would postpone the idea. The reason for this is because I wanted him to practice the way of life that whenever he is at home, there will be no work unless he has to draw or he has to discuss something with his dad since his drawing table is at home and we live with our parents in law --- thats fine with me! At least now, no more business transactions at home!

Another reason why I am a proud wife is that one of his projects was featured in the latest Star Studio magazine. He designed and constructed a home of a male celebrity. As his wife, it was a kilig factor for me. Not only did the magazine show pictures of his work but also his name was mentioned in the article. Many thanks to his client who is also a friend of ours!

To my excitement, as soon as I got to the office yesterday and punched in my time card, I stepped out for a while and headed to the nearest 7-11 but they didnt have the latest issue of the mag. That didnt stop me, I went to Watsons which is at the end of the street because I knew they sold that magazine. While walking under the heat of the sun and that was like a 5 minute walk, I was telling myself "the latest issue should be there!" and yes they did have the latest issue! I showed my hubby's work to my officemates --- wanted to make it "yabang" a bit! They all gave the same comment --- the house is really nice! Hope they weren't lying! Hehehe! :-) Because of this article Gin was able to meet with another potential client --- hopefully it will push through.

To Gin my asawa --- I am so proud of you and keep up the good work! Remember I am always here for you and that I love you so much! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can only imagine your excitement. You must be really proud of your hubby. Congrats to both of you! :)

Rocks said...

Congratulations to both of you!