Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My favorite toy

I spent one Sunday afternoon in my parents house and thought of searching the pile of boxes for the toys that I have collected. Luckily I found one big garbage bag that was filled with all my toys. Looking at them I couldnt help but go back in time...
While I was still at the age of 7 or 8, I clearly remember writing my eldest brother tons of letters because he was based in Chicago then. Everytime I'd write my kuya a letter, I'd always tell him about my day in school or what I have been doing. But there was this one toy that I'd always ask from him that I was really crazy about. What toy was that? It was the Cabbage Patch Kids! Everytime I'd get a reply letter from him I'd get so excited. From all the letters that I wrote him and asked for a Cabbage Patch as a gift --- either for my bday or Xmas, he was able to give me 3. One for my bday and two as Xmas gifts. Boy was I one happy kid!!! The very first Cabbage Patch he gave me was a black one wearing a little red dress, the he got me a clown and a premie. Then my collection didnt stop there, my parents got me the Cabbage Patch twins! What I loved about them is that all of them came with adoption papers and they had diapers on. So cute!!! I was the envy of every kid that went to our house.

Well being the youngest in the family, yes you can say I was sort of spoiled but it was still tolerable (i think!) My collection of Cabbage Patch Kids were always set up on my bed. I treated them like my babies. Sometimes I'd even bring ALL (yes ALL!) of them along when we go out of town. My eldest sister would get so annoyed with me because we had all these extra baggage. Hehe!

As I got older, my mom would keep on reminding me to preserve them because these are collector items. So I did! Up to this day I am proud to say that my Cabbage Patch Kids collection are still intact. Something that I might be able to pass on to my kid...if its a girl!
:-)

No comments: