Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Its our baby's 1st bday!

Yes you got that right! We have a baby and its his 1st bday today! Who is this baby I am talking about? Its our doggy Chase --- a male Wirehaired Dachshund. May 21 is not really his real bday. Since we just adopted him from my nephew and he didn't know the exact date he was born. All he could tell us was that he was born in May. So Gin and I decided to set his bday on the 21st of this month. Why 21? Because we got married December 21. Hehehe!

Chase has played a significant or should I say is playing a significant role in my life and same with Gin. He's not only our pet, he's already part of the family. We treat him like our kid. Believe me when I say that he is one spoiled Dachshund! I am pretty sure all the dog lovers out there don't see their pet dogs as just pets but like us, they are already family. Given the present situation with regards to having a baby, with Chase around its like we already have our own little angel --- in this case it has lots of fur.

I remember Chase was just about 2 months old when we first got him. He was so little but already playful. From day one he was used to sleeping in our room. At first we would layer old towels on the floor and thats where he would usually sleep but as he got older he'd sleep with us on the bed. Now that he is a year old, he has tripled in size and has become more affectionate but still playful or is it super kulit?

Dogs can be like humans too. You can see if they feel bad or when they are happy. For instance, whenever Gin and I get into an arguement and I end up crying, I would see Chase looking at me then a little later he would approach me and start licking my face. Its as if he knows that I am sad.

Having Chase is one of our simplest joys in life. Gin and I miss him whenever we are away. Even if we are both are just at work. When he's sick we super worry. Just like regular parents. What more if we really have our own baby? Gin would even ask me, "paano yan pag may baby na tayo? saan na si chase?" I just told Gin, we will figure it out when we get there.

All I can say is --- I love having Chase around and it was a good move to adopt him from my nephew.

Happy Bday Chasey boy! :-)

1 comment:

Rocks said...

hi! my hubby adopted a new pet too. it's a stray cat and we named him badette. he's a boy per according to hubby bading daw kasi he's so malambing. he loved to be cuddled.:)

I think we should celebrate his birthday too.and guess what it's gonna be 21 too kasi we got married naman April 21. :)

happy blogging!