Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blood Test Update

So I went to my Immunologist yesterday to show her the results of my blood test. Most of the results were okay except for two wherein the range was quite high compared to the normal range. The good thing about it is, my case is not as bad as I thought it would be. Phew!!! But it doesn't end there. I have to undergo treatment. Thank God its not the P100K worth of treatment. My Immunologist recommended blood transfusion (there's a term for it, I just forgot what its called...its something therapy). It goes something like this: I need 100 ml of Gins blood and this process needs to be done for 3 months. It may not be as expensive as the P100K treatment but it will still cost us money. Sigh!

As per my Immunologist, after the second blood transfusion, that's the only time we can try again. The purpose of this blood transfusion is to boost up my immune system. Because right now, my immune system thinks that everytime I get pregnant, the baby is something foreign. So my killer cells attack the baby which results to a miscarriage. Sounds complicated huh? When I thought I wouldn't have a difficult time getting pregnant.

What do I feel right now? I am happy and at the same time sad but I just don't want to focus on the negative thoughts anymore but look forward to the possibilities even if its going to be a challenge for us financially and physically for me.

So the next step for us, is to check if Gin is healthy before we undergo the transfusion. If the results are good then we can start with the treatment. Hopefully, by that time we will be financially ready too.

Patience is indeed a virtue. One step at a time. I always have to remember this: "Dont Give Up. Do What You Can. Let God Surprise You."

I know in time we will have our own little angel!

3 comments:

Tinggay said...

this is good news bunnie! :) take it a step at a time :) and as i always tell myself when i go through trying times, "god will provide". keep us posted!

Bunnie said...

thanks nikki! yes God will indeed provide...in His time!

Gracie said...

great news bunnie! ok now, think of positive thoughts - always! keep praying & trusting the Lord...He makes wonders all the time.