Monday, May 12, 2008

Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT)

Finally I was able to get the name of the treatment that I need (thanks to a fellow N@Wie)! Its called Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy or LIT for short. If you are wondering what this does, here is a description that I was able to get through Google:

LIT (Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy) - Lymphocyte immune therapy is used in women with recurrent spontaneous abortions. This immunization is made from the father-to-be's blood or sometimes from a donor's blood. It is injected under the skin of the mother's forearm. This is done twice, separated by one month. Testing to see that it has worked is done one month after the second treatment. Common reactions to this treatment include: swelling, irritation, and itching at the injection site. Some women run a fever after this treatment.

Lymphocyte - This is a white blood cell that is in charge of starting antigen specific immunity responses. There are many types of lymphocytes in the immune family. These consist of T cells, B cells, granulocytes, basophils, mast cells, eosiniophils, Natural Killer Cells, etc. Each cell type has a CD designation.

So there you have it. Together with prayers I know we will have our chance!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

good luck to you with this therapy, you sound like you will be a wonderful mommy
I will remember you in my prayers

Unknown said...

I have also been advised the same therapy but also heard of its numerous side effects.I heard that it can have bad impact on any organ of your body.and it is not advisable for people who have any kind of allergy.
I am not sure what to do?Please let me know if it worked for you and also about side effects you faced.. if any?

Anonymous said...

We are getting the same done. My wife was suggested for 10 sittings, 8 are already completed 2 more to go. Doc has now advised us to plan a kid now. We are praying for the success to come our way this time.

Anonymous said...

Did it work?. We are very eager to know. Thank you.

Tessie said...

Hi! I was also advised to do 4 rounds of LIT. Probably start it next march. Did it work for u?

Anonymous said...

I already have my LIT but I lost my baby in my womb at 6 weeks.

Jas said...

I had 5 rounds of LIT in 2008 and conceived right after the last one. My daughter is now 2.5 years old. Last year we had an unexpected pregnancy and I had to do catch up LIT. Sadly, I miscarried at 6 wks. I haven't lost hope to have another baby after 3 miscarriages. I just had LAT (test to determine if another round of LIT is needed).

Ellen said...

Hi:) im undergoing LIT now, just finished my 2nd. Currently Im 7weeks pregnant with good heartbeat rate of baby.
However, after 3hrs of theraphy earlier, I felt my tonsil is aching and my nose starts to feel runny.
Is this part of the side effects?
What to do with my sickness?
Thank you sis :)

CatCat said...

Miscarriage 2x and its really traumatic for me. I just found out that i may need to undergo LIT theraphy. Thanks for sharing. Im encourage that i still have hope to have a healthy baby someday. Godbless.